The giveaway is over! Congratulations to Vera B., who won a free copy of the historical novel Beneath a Marble Sky: A Love Story, autographed by its author, John Shors!
About the Book
Princess Jahanara, daughter of 17th century Indian emperor Shah Jahan, schemes to protect her family from her ruthless brother in this colorful, romantic novel about the building of the Taj Mahal. The story has a strong, likeable heroine and plenty of palace intrigue.
About the Giveaway
Vera correctly answered the following questions, using information found on the author's official website.
1. What are the names of Jahanara's two granddaughters? Answer: Gulbadan and Rurayya
2. True or false: In the story, Jahanara becomes the court liaison to Isa, architect of the Taj Mahal. Answer: True
3. Who said this? "Beneath a Marble Sky is a passionate, lush, and dramatic novel, rich with a sense of place. John Shors is an author of sweeping imaginative force." Answer: Sandra Gulland, author of the Josephine B. trilogy
4. What is the name of the company that acquired the film rights to "Beneath a Marble Sky"? Answer: Humble Journey Films
5. What is the author's charity of choice? Answer: CISV (Children's International Summer Villages)
The Taj Mahal
India's Royal History
Royalty in Asia
Royal Mystery Contest Results